Artist Olafur Eliasson and engineer Frederik Ottesen developed Little Sun Original to bring clean, affordable light to the 1.1 billion people worldwide living without electricity in ‘off-grid’ areas. Operating on a 'Buy One, Supply One' model, for every high-quality solar product sold in an area with electricity, one of Little Sun's partners or entrepreneurs sells a similar product in their part of the world without electricity at a fair, locally affordable price.
The iconic, high-quality portable solar lamp is the perfect introduction to personal solar-powered light – it’s great for camping, festivals, at the beach, or for brightening your home, garden, or balcony. Kids also love Little Sun – as a nightlight or for playtime – which makes it easy to teach them about sustainable living.
Featuring a dimmer, you can easily adjust the brightness of the lamp to what you need. 5 hours of charging in the sun produces more than 50 hours of light at the dimmest setting or 4 hours at the brightest setting.
- Operates on Buy One, Supply One Model to provide electricity to communities that are in 'off-grid' areas
- A high-quality portable solar lamp featuring a dimmer
- 5 hours of charging in the sun produces more than 50 hours of light at the dimmest setting or 4 hours at the brightest setting
- Battery lifespan of 5 years when used daily
- Extremely robust and durable – perfect for outdoor activities and playtime!
- ROHS and ISO-certified certified for quality and consistency in production standards
- Designed by artist Olafur Eliasson – makes a great gift!
- Comes with a lanyard and story booklet in a beautifully designed box