- From sailboats to ferry boats, tankers to clippers, young readers will learn to identify and define a range of floating crafts. Each of 15 boats and ships are presented by name, illustration, and simple description, written as engaging, read-aloud text.
In addition, each is adorned with a different nautical flag, whose message is decoded as secondary text for the extra-curious. Printed in four stunning Pantone colours, this refreshingly stylish and informative introduction to boats will pop off the shelf in the “things that go” section!
- Suitable for children aged 1-4
- A fresh and artful introductory reference guide to boats
- Includes 15 different boats and nautical flags
- Features gorgeous screenprint inspired art printed in bold PMS colours
- Board book
- 20.4cm x 16.5cm
About the author:
Sara Gillingham is an award-winning art director and designer. She was the design director for Children's Publishing at
Chronicle Books and taught at UC Berkeley and California College of Arts. In addition, she has written and/or illustrated several books for young children. She lives with her family in British Columbia, Canada.
Recommended for you
The Book with No Pictures
Bravery Magazine Issue Four
What Does Baby Want