Our family has spent most of this week house bound, a combination of illness and bad weather. To ease the boredom we began to look for some ‘in house’ activities . The formula for the original Play-Doh, invented in 1956, remains top secret. But you can make your own version of play dough that’s just as much fun to make as it is to play with. This recipe makes 3 1/2 cups of dough.
Tools and Materials 2 cups flour Play Dough How-To 2. Cook uncovered over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Stir constantly until the dough is the consistency of mashed potatoes.
1 cup salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 cups cold water
Plastic bag or container
1. In a medium saucepan, mix together the flour, salt, vegetable oil, cream of tartar, and water.
Tools and Materials
2 cups flour
Play Dough How-To
2. Cook uncovered over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Stir constantly until the dough is the consistency of mashed potatoes.
3. Divide the dough into four equal portions.
4. Add approximately 6 to 8 drops of food coloring to each portion and knead the color into the dough to distribute it evenly. Kneading the color into the dough is the fun part — kids will love it.
5. If you store the play dough in a plastic bag or airtight container, it will stay nice and soft and last for years.
In store now we have divine coats and pintuck dresses by Eternal Creation in a rich Aubergine. Comfy and practical t-shirt dresses by Infancy and Baobab, which look fabulous with this years knit poncho.
Baby Showers are as popular as ever, and we frequently get asked for our best gift idea. Baby clothing is always a popular choice, but this can be complicated if you don’t yet know the sex of the baby.
So some of our favorite unisex gift ideas for baby showers include the Lil Fraser Baby Wraps , Tortellini Feeding Cushion, Organic Moses Basket, Sophie The Giraffe , night lights by Gimmo and fabulous change mats by Isoki.
When thinking of baby showers I couldn’t resist showing you these beautiful images!
Mandi from Babyology has been asked to review some of her favorite Australian products for Etsy.
Bluebelle children’s underwear is made from 95% organically grown bamboo cotton. So very soft to touch and feels just like silk against the skin.
This new collection is available this week at Infancy and will be available shortly on our online store. From $27.50 per set.